Plan Ahead for a Summer Job
In the middle of winter when the temperature is freezing, it’s hard to imagine what you’ll be doing next summer. But Monona Parks & Recreation begins accepting applications for summer employment in January, so you’ll need to plan ahead! If you’ll be at least 15 years old by June 1, 2018, we encourage you to consider lifeguarding this summer.
•Lifeguarding is a serious but fun job.
• Every day brings new adventures.
• Lifeguarding is a job that matters.
• Lifeguarding offers a flexible schedule with 15–30 hours per week.
• Starting wage is $9.25 per hour
Do I need to be certified?
Yes, Monona lifeguards must be certified by the American Red Cross. But if you don’t have a certification, Monona offers a FREE American Red Cross Lifeguarding class in May. Once you pass the class and earn your certification, you’ll be eligible to work as a lifeguard at the Monona Community Pool.
• Monday–Friday, May 21–May 25, 4:00–8:00 pm, at Monona Community Pool
• You must attend all 5 nights of class in order to earn your certification.
• You must commit to working at least 2 shifts per week at the Monona Community Pool in order to be eligible for the free class.