The Great Escape Playground
Location: Fireman’s Park Shelter
Time: 12:30 - 4:00 pm
EXTENDED CARE (Optional)
Need additional care for your child outside of the regular Great Escape Playground camp hours? This summer we will have extended care for an additional fee; kids will get to enjoy extra social time with friends, active games and more. Children must be registered in The Great Escape Playground camp day of to take advantage of these extended camp opportunities.
Location: Fireman’s Park Shelter
Time: 4:00 - 6:00 pm
Extended Care is $7/day per child. No refunds will be given.
|June 15||July 15|
Week 1: Mad Scientists
We better bust out the lab coats and safety goggles as Campers explore all things ooey-gooey, fizzy, and electric. Get ready for a week of ah, eww, and whoa!
Week 2: Land Before Time
Campers will transform into archaeologists where their days will be spent digging up fossils and exploring what life was like in the Jurassic Era!
Week 3: Space Jam
Campers, get ready to hop in your space ship as we travel to outer space and encounter galaxy slime, asteroids, and an alien invasion, oh my! 3, 2, 1 … BLAST OFF!
Week 4: We Built this City
By exploring the City of Monona, Campers will make some blueprints to develop their very own cities. Campers come design, name, make up laws, and elect a council for your city!
Week 5: The Sound of Music
Are you a singer, dancer, or a musician? We’ll help you find your talent, so get ready to make some noise! Campers will get creative and make their own instruments, enjoy a drum circle, dance blindfolded, and end the week with a red carpet event featuring…YOU!
Week 6: Imaginarium
Through hands-on experiments and projects, each camper will design, and test their creations in unique challenges while making messes and masterpieces with clay, paint, paper and more.
Week 7: It’s a Jungle Out There
Sneak through the trees, explore for snakes, birds, insects, plants, and wait! Was that a leopard? Which route will you take to get through the Jungle safely?
Week 8: Mystery Week
Don’t you hate it when you lose things? This week, Campers will learn top-notch sleuthing skills then put them to the test to solve an important case: something has been stolen from camp!
- All staff have experience in working with children, are CPR/First Aid certified and participate in regular training.
- Most of our staff have or are pursuing degrees in Recreation & Leisure studies, Education or other related fields.
- Safety is our #1 priority!
- Children are supervised at all times and are not permitted to leave the program unless they are signed out by an authorized adult.
- Children are picked up at Winnequah School at 12:30 p.m. and are escorted to the Fireman's Park Shelter by Summer Camp Staff.
- If a child does not attend the Great Escape Playground program on a particular day, parents must notify Monona Parks & Recreation office before 11:00 a.m. so staff does not wait for the child after summer school.
Morning activities may be cancelled up to 30 minutes before a program begins; notification will be given via the city website (mymonona.com), Facebook, and email/text message.
A decision regarding evening events will be made no earlier than 2:00 p.m. on the day of the activity.
There are no make-up classes due to inclement weather and no refund/credit for up to two (2) classes canceled in one session.
There will be a $10 credit on your account if three (3) or more classes in one session are cancelled by Monona Parks & Recreation.