Monona Library Class Visits & Tours
The Youth Services Department offers sessions on orientation to and usage of the Monona Public Library. These sessions are designed to encourage the life-long use of the library as an informational, recreational, and educational resource. The purpose of such visits is to:
- Familiarize classes/groups with library services and tour
- Encourage library card ownership
- Book browsing and check out
- Provide special programming
- Books: If you are interested in having us set aside books on a subject, we request three weeks notice.
Plan a Visit to the Library
Appointments will be made per consideration of staffing availability. Please call or email the Youth Services Coordinator. Students whose library cards are in good standing may check out 2 books during the visit. We will not issue new library cards during a class visit.
Special preparations are made for your visit. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call to reschedule. We appreciate your cooperation!
Can't Visit the Library?
Library staff can visit your class to give a presentation.
Subjects for presentations may include:
- Book talks (general or specific)
- Library services and resources and library card registration
- Specialized programs and workshops to fit your needs
- Summer Library Reading & Activity Program
Request a Visit
To request a visit to the library with your group or a visit from library staff to your organization's location, please complete the Request a Group Visit form. Thank you.