Wisconsin taxing districts (municipalities, schools, counties, etc.) set their budgets in the fall, usually November. After each district has set its levy for the next year, property taxes are calculated and bills are prepared. Bills for Monona taxpayers are mailed by mid-December. If you don't receive your bill, please call us at 608-222-2525.
The first installment of your bill must be received by January 31, 2022. Payments can be made via mail, in person at City Hall during regular business hours, or they can be dropped in the payment drop box located in the City Hall parking lot.
Paying via drop box or mail:
- Make checks payable to “City of Monona.” Please do not send cash in the U.S. mail.
- Endorse escrow checks by all persons named on the check.
- Include your phone number on your check so we can call you if there are any problems.
- If you’d like a receipt for your payment, you have 3 options:
- Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your payment and we will mail you a receipt.
- Include a note with your email address, and we will email you a receipt.
- Beginning in mid-January, download and print an electronic receipt from Dane County’s Access Dane website at https://accessdane.countyofdane.com