Cost: Sponsorship Fee $300 and player fee $30/each. You must have a minimum of 10 players per team. Team packets for sign up can be picked up at the Monona Parks & Recreation office (located in the Monona Community Center) during regular office hours (M-F 8:30am-4:30pm). Registration deadline is April 26th.
Managers must turn in a roster form along with their sponsor fee to the Monona Parks and Rec Office by April 26th. You can click on 'Team Registration Form' to print your own or you can stop by the office to get a hard copy. Every team meeting this deadline will receive a $25 reimbursement at the city tournament!
All players must sign up online by setting up an account with Monona Parks & Recreation. Once your account is set up then you must select your night of play from the Adult Softball sign up page and then click Register Now.
Monona Softball Association League Rules – 2017
- Exceptions to any of the league rules need board approval or the association President acting on behalf of the board.
- Current ASA rules apply except where league rules are in effect.
- All players understand that there is NO insurance and the City of Monona and/or Softball Association is NOT liable for injury.
- For Over 40 League: All players MUST be forty years or older.
- For a player to be considered eligible they must be on the official roster submitted to the registration administrator or board member. This includes accurately completed/signed player membership card and a paid $25 player fee.
- Additions to rosters must be submitted and paid for before the end of the “4th of July” tournament. This year that date is TBD.
- All league games start promptly at 6:00pm and/or 7:00pm. Starting time will be established by the umpire and conveyed to the home team who is responsible for the official scorecard.
- The home team will be responsible for the official score and submitting the properly completed scorecard to the concession stand at games end. If the concession stand is not open for any reason the team contact (noted on the league schedule) is responsible for ensuring the scorecard is brought to their next game so it can be submitted. Team contact may also submit the scorecard to any association board member.
- All teams are responsible for filling our scorecards with clearly identifiable player names. The best way to do this is to provide both first and last name of each player. This is the only verification record that the league has for determining player tournament eligibility.
- Teams MUST have a minimum of seven (7) players to start and play the game, otherwise they forfeit.
- Teams may add up to ten (10) batters ANYTIME or, unlimited batters through the order or unlimited batting once through the order.
- The maintenance director will decide rainouts no later than 4:00pm. NEW this year, we will be posting rainout information on both the City of Monona website (Parks & Rec, Adult Softball) and our Facebook page. Additionally we will be setting up a group text capability that will go to the person listed as your team contact on you schedule.
- No inning will start after sixty (60) minutes. Excepting games that are tied. If the second game remains tied play will continue as daylight permits per umpire discretion.
- Tied games, after seven (7) innings, either played immediately or at a later date, will use the ASA tie-breaker rules. Starting at the top of the eighth inning and each half inning thereafter, the offensive team shall begin its turn at bat with a runner on second base. Ex: If the number five batter is the leadoff batter, the number four batter in the batting order will be placed on second base. A substitute may insert for the runner.
- A player, coach, or umpire who is bleeding or has blood on their uniform shall be prohibited from participating further in the game until appropriate treatment can be administered.
- Fifteen-run rule will apply after the fifth inning for league play and non-money tournament games.
- NO batter box will be enforced.
- Any intentional collision will be an OUT at any base. Umpires’ discretion.
- Courtesy runners are allowed if mutually agreed upon by managers and conveyed to the official score keeper. Exception 1: Injury during the game. Courtesy runners will be the last out before the runner. If the rule is violated the player will be out for the remainder of the game with their batting spot in the order being an OUT.
- A strike will be called when the ball strikes any part of the plate or mat. Three (3) balls constitutes a base on balls. Two (2) strikes constitutes an out.
- NO BUNTING
- No courtesy step is allowed.
- No limit on maximum height of pitches. Minimum height of pitch must equal six (6) feet.
- No alcoholic beverages will be consumed on the field.
- Any player ejected from a game shall be suspended for the next one (1) game.
- No fighting will be allowed!!! Player/s will be ejected from the game and the next two (2) games.
- Protests must be written on the scorecard and signed by the protesting captain and umpire for the game. This must be done prior to the last out of the game. There is a $20 protest fee for the protest to be considered. If the protest is won then the fee will be refunded.
- When there is a play at home plate, the runner has the black mat, fielder has the white. This is to avoid possible collisions. OVER 40 League Only: There is a line 2/3 way down the 3rd baseline. If a runner crosses that line then they must continue to home. This is a force play at home plate.
- Double bases are used in all leagues at first base. The batter running to first must touch the orange base if there is a play at first.
- Each player must play at least two (2) league games during the regular season to be eligible to play in the city tournament. Tournament games do NOT count. Appeals due to injury or severe illness can be made to the Monona Softball Association Board.
- Only ASA approved bats are allowed. See ASA printout of bats in concession stand.
- Minor League rosters are allowed a maximum of four (4) Major League players.
Top 3 Tie Breaking Rules
1- Head to Head W/L
2- Head to Head Runs Scored On
3- Total Runs in Season
Over 40 League
League Wide Contact
- Tim Vial
- (608) 235-0027
For any questions regarding league wide rules, schedules & standing please contact Tim.
To register for the league, please contact Monona Parks & Recreation 608.222.4167